lørdag 24. mars 2012

ILLUSTRATING BAJAZZ MONSTERS

Today was one of the sunniest days we've had so far in Bergen this year! I worked at Bajazz, a music festival for kids here in Bergen, giving a monster drawing course.

We all drew monsters, both grown ups and kids participated. I made everyone write their name and age, so we have pictures in the makeshift gallery from both "Monica 37 1/2 years" to "Sofie 4 yrs old." Again, this year, so many talented kids! I'm amazed at the level of comprehension about drawing and drawing terminology some of the kids possess.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of the shows or the kid's disco, but from what the others told me it was a success:)

I met Karl Seglem, a musician from Norway that also wrote for some of the books I've illustrated, and he is just such an inspiring guy to talk to. He told me about how he incoorporates music into his writing the same way I do with illustration, and we figured we should definately work together on something;) I really hope we'll work together in the future, because I love illustrating his stories.

And then since it was the first proper sunny day I here I just have to post a picture of our Bajazz Festival Dinner. Good festival, good festival dinner, and good festival company:)

Wheeeeee:)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Grab This Widget