torsdag 24. mars 2011

MONSTERS AT BAJAZZ-11

bajazz01  bajazz02 bajazz03

9th and 10th of April it’s time for another round of “Bajazz”, Bergen Jazzforum’s jazz festival for kids. The festival has been a great success with both kids and parents over the years, and keeps high quality concerts with established jazz artists every year. This year I know Datarock has been booked:)

I have been invited to give a drawing course for kids (and they parents if they want to) during the festival, where the goal is to learn how to draw really scary monsters. I have given courses like this a few times, and it’s really good fun to learn what and who the different monsters are.

The pictures above are from a course I gave in Aurland at Nynorske Litteraturdagar two years ago. One of the kids there was just about 3 or 4 years old, and was very concentrated about her work. It took her almost 20 minutes to complete an intrikate shape-thingy not far from what Miro did in his heydays, and as the interested teacher I am, I asked her what she had drawn and that I thought it looked really interesting and nice.

She looked at me for a few seconds, and her reply was unforgettable: “ You know… I have NO idea.” And then got up and left the table.

I had a really hard time trying to keep myself from bursting out laughing:D

Yay to monsters!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Grab This Widget