onsdag 8. juni 2011

TIPS FOR WORKING WITH TONS OF MATERIAL

1307524219539

These are tips/goals and reminders for my own workflow, but I thought I might share it.

Tip nr 1: Draw up a template, and use a lightboard to sketch up the layout on hundreds of sheets, this way you don’t have to draw up the measurements for each spread when you start working. The outer square is the book’s size, and the inner is where the text will be. I use 300gr cold pressed watercolor paper.

Tip nr 2: Just do it. Rather than dwelling too much at this stage, I just start drawing. It’s better with lots of tryouts than trying to visualize all in your head beforehand. Even if I have sketches for every spread I’m drawing, things still change along the way.

Tip nr 3: Let go of wanting everything to be perfect. Focus on a few things that can be your gems in the book.

Tip nr 4: Try to remember to be playful with color and stroke, and don’t lose the humour and energy that exist in the sketchess. Yep.

1307543430986

For the moment it works, the process has speeded up a little. And the livelyness of the drawings was easier to keep when I started working more spontaniously with the final drawings as well.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Tip nr 5: Remember that you do actually know what you're doing. We tend to forget that when caught up in wanting to do better. Aiming for better it good, but you shouldn't forget that you have done this before.

    SvarSlett
  2. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.

    SvarSlett
  3. Djiiises, den forrige var så full av skrivefeil at jeg måtte slette den haha! Så sant. Jeg glemmer det jeg:D I know what I'm doing, I know what I'm doing, I know what I'm doing:D Må ha den på repeat, kanskje det går inn til slutt. Ja, jeg KAN jo dette!

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Grab This Widget